Two-Stick Mutant Shooting – Xenowerk Review
Sometimes you just gotta shoot your way through a slew of violent mutant creatures that are trying to kill you. Sure, it may be a job and it may be repetitive, but something is very satisfying with seeing green slime splatter everywhere. The going then gets even better when you receive newer and more effective tools (guns) of the trade. The job I’m referring to is 70-levels deep of “werk”, Xenowerk.
Shooting Your Way Through Radioactive Mutants.
Cost: $0.99 USD ($1.39 CAD).
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
– 70-levels of fun & mindless mutant slaying.
– Game gets you right into shooting, with no forced cut-scenes or plot-lines.
– Game’s 3d-rendered graphics & lighting look awesome. (Dark & creepy corridors).
– Touch-Screen controls work great!
– Buy new weapons and Armour with money you collect in levels.
– A WICKED selection of guns!
(Machine-Guns, Shot-Guns, Flame-Throwers, Grenade-Launchers & more).
– Guns are up-gradable (More you use them the better).
– Different Armour unlock different powers. (Heal, speed-walk, freeze).
– Each level grades your performance. (3-star/radioactive system).
– Supports the Mfi Controller.
– Game never has any slow-down from multiple enemies on screen (iPhone 6).
– Save game to the iCLOUD.
– Invite and challenge your friends.
– Links to your Game Center App.(Achievements & Leaderboards.)
– In-app credit purchase packages, though not mandatory. (Buy credits to unlock guns/armor faster.)
– Practically the same objectives for each level.
(Kill mutants, Hit computer switch, Kill Big Mutant, Hop on Elevator).
– Run around in the same environment for every level of every area. (Repetitive.)
– Encounter the same enemies many, many times.(Repetitive.)
I’ve had hours of fun playing Xenowerk and for the price-tag you get quite the package. The game looks great as you traverse through dark corridors with only your flash-light lighting the area in-front of you. The on-screen two-stick controls work really well with this style of game and I was having some SMASH TV nostalgia. There is a lot of repetitiveness from the levels & the enemies, but I feel the strengths of this game help combat boredom. My favorite part of Xenowerk is the various weapons you can purchase, which will have you slaying enemies in new ways. This helps combat the repetitiveness of the overall level design. The guns also feel different enough to where getting a new gun means finding the best strategy to fully utilize it. Plus, the more you use the gun the better it becomes, due to the leveling-up aspect. The Armour upgrades also help keep things fresh by providing you with different power-ups from: healing to freezing to speeding. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed Xenowerk and the game leaves you wanting to see how efficiently you can slay mutants, with your next gun purchase.
Xenowerk is a great lil’ two-stick shooter, with many levels and weapons to indulge in. It does have quite a bit of repetitiveness, but as long as you keep buying new guns, you’ll find yourself sufficiently entertained.Definitely Recomended!
- Final Rating:
Cost: $0.99 USD ($1.39 CAD).
- Wicked GRAPHICS & Gameplay.
- 70-levels of mutant killing.
- Awesome up-gradable guns!
- Game is a bit repetitive.