The Best iPad Painter App, Now On the iPhone! – Procreate Pocket Review
Procreate is the best drawing and painting app that the iPad has to offer (Full Review Here), unfortunately Procreate isn’t cross-compatible with the iPhone. Finally, the developers over at Savage Interactive Pty Ltd, created Procreate Pocket. Procreate Pocket, takes what makes Procreate for iPad so great, optimizes it to work on your iPhone, as well as adds pressure sensitivity drawing that works with the iPhone 6s 3D-touch.
Become a Pocket Painter.
– 12 realistic brushes for painting and illustration.
– Download/Import even more Procreate brushes off the internet.
– 64-bit color and painting, helps smooth smudging and resolution.
– All the blending-modes for your layers. (Multiply, Overlay, Color-dodge, etc).
– Great implementation of the adjust brush opacity and size.
– Selection tools to move, rotate, flip and transform.
– Import photos to layers from camera-library.
– High Res Canvas 2k (2248×1242) or 4k
(4096×1714) Canvas (iPhone 5 and above).
– Adjust your art-work with different filters.
(Blur, Curves, Brightness, Sharpen & Saturation.)
– Auto-Saves! Never loose your work, also great for on the go.
– Export Adobe Photoshop .PSD’s!
– Auto-records video of your drawing/painting, great for Youtube Artists.(1080p HD)
– Undo up to 250-times.
– Two-finger tap undo and three-finger tap redo (LOVE THIS)
– Optimized 3D touch for iIhone 6s.
– Easily back-up your art up on the iCloud.
– Export .Procreate files to work between iPad and iPhone.
– Apple-Watch compatibility. (Control Color-Swatches & Tools)
I LOVE Procreate for iPad, so when I saw Procreate Pocket on the App Store I didn’t hesitate much in purchasing it. Not only does it do everything that Procreate for iPad does, but also doesn’t cost as much as it’s counterpart (2.99 vs 6.99). Drawing on the iPhone screen is a bit tougher naturally due to it’s smaller screen size, luckily the zooming-in ability helps to get the much needed control when drawing. The quick adjust for the opacity and size of the brushes is nicely implemented on the side and I love the two-finger tap undo. Both features help save the much needed real-estate of the screen, as well as speed things up. The only hiccup I’ve had with this app was the ability to sync up my Bluetooth stylus’s for pressure-control, cause I don’t own a iPhone 6s with 3D-touch. Hopefully, they’ll add this feature on a later update.Besides that, Procreate Pocket is a great drawing/painting app, especially for those without an iPad and want to get the wicked experience of Procreate!
The people over at Savage Interactive Pty Ltd, have nailed the aspects that made Procreate for iPad so great and brought them over to the iPhone! The best painting app for iOS devices and a must-have for digital artist’s that own a iPhone. Highly Recomended!
Procreate For iPad:
This app works best with:
Procreate Pocket Review.
- Final Rating:
- 12 preset brushes for painting and illustration.
- 64-bit color and painting, helps smooth smudging and resolution.
- Not compatible with Bluetooth Stylus's (Adoint Jot Pro, Pencil by 53, etc)
- High Res Canvas 2k (2248x1242) or 4k (4096x1714) Canvas (iPhone 5 and above).