Pay for the Mobile Version of their Website? – Ultimate Guitar Tabs HD Review
One of the best websites for guitar tabs is Ultimate-Guitar.com. If you’ve gone to Ultimate-Guitar.com on your phone, you’ve noticed they don’t have a mobile-version of their site. Much annoyance comes with zooming into each page and struggling with navigation, especially when you want to learn guitar-tabs without having to haul-out your computer. Ultimate-Guitar came out with an app that promises to defeat this mobile annoyance, by having a easy to navigate, feature-filled app that allows you full-access to their 800-thousand tabs for only a dollar! What an amazing deal right? WRONG!
Pay for buttons, that lead to ads & maybe some guitar tabs.
This App is infact “Wooless” (Sound the alarm!)
– Keep track of your favorite tabs.
– Auto Slow-Scroll down tabs to play along.
– Click on chords to see finger-placement.
– Takes forever to start-up (iPhone 6).
– Almost every button leads to “Guitar Tools $6.99” AD.
– Large amount of tabs lead to “Guitar Tools $6.99” AD.
– Can’t hear what chords sound like. Leads to “Guitar Tools $6.99”.
– Fight with side-scrolling, while trying to scroll-up & down.
– Even fully zoomed-out, tabs aren’t optimized to fit on iPhone screen. (Have to side-scroll. UGH)
When I saw this app was in the Top-Purchased Apps on the App Store, I decided to give it a look. Having previous experience learning tabs and using Ultimate-Gutiar.com, I was stoked to see the app as a great alternative to view their tabs on mobile-devices, even better it’s a dollar! Instead, what I got was quite the disappointment. First, it takes an oddly long amount of time for app to start-up, even on an iPhone 6. Then it is just a bombardment of ads for their other app “Guitar Tools”, which you have to avoid. Once, you find the guitar tab you want to play you have to hope they have the free version of it, else you get the “Guitar Tools” ad. Finally,the freaking tabs aren’t optimized for the screen whether your phone is vertical or horizontal you struggle with the sensitive scrolling to try to find your place. This make the app useless, cause you might as well just use the free website, cause then you won’t be paying to see “Guitar Tools $6.99”. In conclusion, I want my dollar back.
Pay a dollar for: a mobile-version of their website, which consistently tries to up-sell you to their $6.99 app. Sounds good right? IT STINKS.
What did you think of this app? Leave a Comment Below!
Ultimate Guitar Tabs HD Review
- Final Rating:
Cost: $0.99 USD
This App is infact "Wooless"
- Takes forever to start-up (iPhone 6).
- Almost every button leads to "Guitar Tools $6.99" AD.
- Large amount of tabs lead to "Guitar Tools $6.99" AD.
- Can't hear what chords sound like. Leads to "Guitar Tools $6.99" AD.
- Fight with side-scrolling, while trying to scroll-up & down.