Shallow Social Media Simulator – Kendall And Kylie iOS Review
Previously, I reviewed Kim Kardashian’s: Hollywood (Review Here), which I called “Elitist Brainwash“, due to the on-going theme of you being WAY below her and the other Hollywood Celebrities in the game. Essentially the game preaches that she’s a “supreme-being” that you have to win the approval of, whilst reminding you that you’re really no one. This was a theme that was especially creepy, cause it is clearly aimed at a young demographic. Yet, the game made MILLIONS, yes MILLIONS. How many millions? Well, some sources say HUNDREDS of MILLIONS (HERE) and keep in mind that the game is a free-to-play! This means people are actually buying the in-game items and gems, which in reality are literally worthless. This made me realize, I don’t understand the world we live in. ANYWAYS, the word “HUNDRED-MILLON” must’ve made it’s way to Kylie and Kendall Jenner, cause now we have the Kendall and Kylie on iOS. The Kendall and Kylie App is created by the same developers (Glu Games Inc) as Kim Kardashian’s: Hollywood. By looking at it for 5-seconds, you can see it has identical graphics, gameplay and themes, though with more shallower, teen ideals.
At least Kendall and Kylie treat you more like an equal.
– Obtain in-game items and clothes for supporting the World Wildlife Fund.(Valid Till April 24, 2016)
– Kylie, Kendall and other do talk to you like more of a human and the themes aren’t as creepy as Kim Kardashian’s Hollywood.
– Build a Avatar that looks more like other celebrities than real people.
– Mini-video messages from Kendall and Kylie show they were actually involved with the creation of this game. (Sort Of)
– “Choose you own adventure”, which means if you pick the right answer it doesn’t affect the story, but it will reward you with in-game money,followers, gems and energy.
– Build up a social-media account.
(Aka random counter, which slowly increase.)
– Obtain new contacts on your phone by answering multiple-choice correctly and go on dates with whomever.
– Take Selfies using your Avatar with Kendall or Kylie, then share it on real-life social media.
– Certain choices within menus can make the game glitch and freeze.
– Speech boxes get in the way of collecting rewards.
– If you select an item you can’t buy in the store there’s no back button to escape, which causes you to get stuck.
– No matter how poor your decisions are within the multiple-choice conversations there’s never any consequence.
(No Brain Required.)
– Can’t play without being connected to the Internet.Takes up 341MB +!
(Used 57.4 MB worth of Data Per 10 Mins of PLAYING)
When a game is so blatantly obvious a scheme to make money through it’s mediocre “gameplay” and shallow themes of material possession and social media followers, it makes it hard to even give it a chance. You could argue that it appeals to a certain demographic, but that demographic would only be uneducated to the manipulation that is being brought upon them. If you look at the game as a whole it’s hard to even call it a game, but more a of a multiple-choice, dress-up, tap to collect series of graphics, which presents no consequences or challenges.
Kendall And Kylie App Review
- FInal Rating: