Simple and Endless Golf! – Desert Golfing Review
Do you need an escape from your everyday life? Try: Desert Golfing, a game that puts you into an endless purgatory of aim and shoot golf. Developed by Blinkbat Games, Desert Golfing has gained a cult-following, due to it’s ability to put players into a meditative-like state in it’s peaceful, yet addicting gameplay. It’s so simplistic and minimal, that it doesn’t need fancy graphics, music, menus or cut-scenes, and yet it still holds-up as a solid game. Let’s take a look at Desert Golfing on iOS:
A Game That Never Ends and It’s Worth Every Penny.
– The ULTIMATE pick-up and play, with no menus, load-screens… just golf.
– Hours of endless gameplay!( Get the ball in the hole, level scrolls forward to next hole. Repeat.)
– Simplistic, yet addicting gameplay. (Aim, pull-back & fire to get the ball into the hole)
– SAND PHYSICS! (Use them to your advantage by sticking the ball to the side of a hill.)
– Getting a hole-in-one is extremely rewarding.
– Counts every-shot. (You better be trying…)
– The only signs of progression are the level-counter on the flag.
– It’s SOO minimal that you get excited if you see a CACTUS.
– Requires: 0.8 MB of Space on your device!
– Every 100-holes a twitter button pops-up to tweet about it.
This Game Is YUCKLESS
Desert Golfing has become my go-to app for any inbetween moment I have to glance over at my phone. I love that there’s no menus or interface, cause it makes resuming the game that much quicker. It’s perfect to play during transit commutes and awkward elevator situations, due to it’s brilliant way to pick-up and play. Since, it’s release there have been a few different clones on the App Store for free, but they’re typically riddled with Ads, which takes away from the minimalistic integrity of the game. I never have to worry about the game interrupting my Podcast listening, cause there’s no cheesy music, just the few sound effects the game has to offer. The only feature I wish the game had was to give a 0 swing or -1 swing to any hole-in-one you sink, which would help lower the swing-count at the top and re-boost your self-esteem (200 swings at hole 100, YIKES!). Overall, I would totally recommend this game to anyone, due to it’s easy to understand gameplay and the fact it’s never-ending!
Desert Golfing is a simplistic aim and shoot game, that never ends! It’s so minimal it doesn’t have music, title-screens or even menus, but that’s the beauty of Desert Golfing! It doesn’t need any bells and whistles, yet it keeps you playing.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- Final Rating: