Perfect App For Digital Abstract Art – Fabrika Review
Searching through the AppStore, trying to find new apps that help inspire you to create can be a bit tedious, especially when you don’t know which ones you should throw your money at. This task becomes even more of a burden when there are little to no reviews and no “lite” version available. However, hidden-gems do exist, finding them just requires some time and a little bit of faith in the screenshots. Fabrika for iOS, is the perfect example of one of these hidden-gems waiting to be discovered. It offers a fresh unique look at painting on your touch-screen devices with it’s fluctuating brush patterns, wicked color palettes and user-friendly interface allowing anyone to create digital abstract art. Lets take a closer look at what makes Fabrika great:
– Easily create complex looking abstract art.
– A drawing/painting experience you won’t find anywhere.
– Oddly satisfying & relaxing.
– Nine slots of different shapes within a stroke.
– Super customizable brush patterns.
– Control shape behavior such as: rotation speed, spacing, stroke, color, opacity and size of the shape within each stroke.
– Tons of great preset color palettes.
– Customizable color palettes, as well as three slots for other color palettes that your brush switches to each stroke. (Switch color palettes each stroke.)
– Shuffle Button. (Randomizes brush shapes, colors, behavior & background color.)
– Control the shuffle button results (Mono, Dark, Light, Lace, Smooth and Noir.)
– Built-in image editor allowing you to apply filters and adjust colors afterwards.
– Change Background color anytime. (Even to transparent)
– Export transparent PNGs.
– Import your own photos to draw on.
– Can’t save in higher resolutions or vector. (Highest is 2049×1536 at 95 DPI.)
I stumbled upon Fabrika on the AppStore, after looking for some new drawing/painting apps. I was shocked on how little information there was about it. The sensation you get while drawing with the app is very different and unique to any other software or apps I’ve ever used. If you draw slow lines the patterns and shapes of your brush will stack up on each other creating a dense look. This is one of my favorite aspects of the app cause it gives your drawing a three-dimensional look. If you draw fast the patterns and shapes will separate, creating a scattered/chaotic look. The app also includes tons of great preset color palettes, so you don’t have to stress finding which colors work together. The different combinations of the shapes, patterns and colors allow many different styles to be accessible, allowing you to have looks from future/tech/modern to natural/organic/flowing . This gives the app more flexibility to suit your style. If you don’t want to customize all the little things the shuffle button will randomly generate a new brush and color palette. Shuffling becomes addicting, cause you never know what the app will generate. The only thing I wish, was to have a bit of a higher resolution export, but other than that it’s an AWESOME APP and you won’t ever have to download another background again.
Whether you’re looking for a chance to create complex, stunning-looking digital abstract art or even a chance to relax. It’s like nothing you’ve ever experienced. I highly recommend Fabrika.
- FInal Rating:
- Easily Create Complex Looking Abstract Art.
- A drawing/painting experience you won't find anywhere else.
- Can't save in higher resolutions or vector. (Highest is 2049x1536 at 95 DPI.)