Perfectly Ported – Call of Duty: Zombies iOS Review
Call of Duty: World at War was the first Call Of Duty to feature the famous Zombie-Mode. In the Zombie-Mode, you slay waves of zombies whilst trying to survive and rebuild your support structures. Zombie-Mode became a hit, even transferring over to Call Of Duty: Black-Ops as well. Activision had also made a standalone version for iOS devices, though this standalone is an exact clone of the World At War Zombie-Mode. The only question is: How does such a fast-pace zombie survival first-person shooter hold up on iOS touch-screen devices? Lets take a look:
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
– Plays smoothly on iOS Devices. (Full-settings/details on iPhone 6 runs without lag)
– Adjustable details settings for older iOS devices. (Adjust to a lower-setting if you are lagging.)
– FOUR Different Maps. (Original Map that came with Call of Duty: World At War and the previous three other World At War: Zombie DLC Maps.)
– Online Co-Op (Via Online, Wifi or Bluetooth)
– Three different control set-ups.
( Dual Stick, Tilt-Phone and Touch-Screen to look, while move with joy-stick)
– Auto-Aim helps forgive some of the inaccuracy of the control.
(Plus, you can set it to high, medium or low)
– Each Map has the different mini-objectives and perks. ( Remove Barricades, restore power and open doors to get: Random weapons box, Vending-Machine Perks, etc)
– Random Power-Ups (Atomic Bomb, Insta-kill, Full-Ammo, etc)
– Includes all Zombie-types (Slow, Runners, Crawlers, Climbers and HELL-HOUNDS)
– ONLY 52.8 MB! (You’d expect it’d be a GIGABYTE at least!)
– Two different difficulties(Regular and Recruit)
– In-Game Achievements.
– Makes Device HOT.
– Completely Freezes when trying to make a Online Profile for Multiplayer. Thus, you cannot play Online. Still can play through Bluetooth or Wi-fi with people around you, but not Online with strangers.
I remember playing Call of Duty: World at war, which was 8 years ago now… YIKES, but the Zombie-Mode was always a hit. Loved playing it online with my friends and it was loads of fun. I have to say this does hold-up to the previous console versions. Of course, it’s lacking the awesome graphics, but in terms of everything else like zombie-slaying goodness, it definitely holds-up. I don’t mind the controls either, I got used to them after a few rounds of playing and was PWNING zombies in no-time.
Call of Duty: Zombies iOS is a perfect port of the World At War Zombie-mode found on consoles and PC. It includes everything the Console/PC versions have such as: all the different weapons, perks, zombie-types and objectives found in each map. It takes a little bit to get used to the touch-control, but thankfully there’s three different settings depending on your preference.The best part is it BARELY TAKES UP ANY SPACE (52.8 MB!)! Highly Recommended!
- Final Rating: